Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Poetry of the month (literature & poetry)


Presence
by Kdgrippo

I feel you everywhere…
Your arms are wrapped around me tight
I see your wink over the morning paper
And your smug grin, as you wait for me in our bed at night

I feel your loving presence…
You’re still everything to me
You’re in every laugh that I hear
And every smile that I see
You’re still a part of all I do
You’re locked tight in my memory
(I’ve thrown away the key)

You’re still all I want (for me)…
You’re in every poem that I write
And every song that I sing
You’re part of every good book that I’ve read
You're the dominant player in all my dreams
You were (and are) my heart’s desire
In the still of night I still feel your fire
And I’m now newly acquainted with the sting

I’m trying so hard…
To keep you ever near
By far my greatest fear, babe,
Is that you’ll disappear
Don’t leave me honey
I still need you by my side
I promise I’ll get on with life
I just need some time

In the meantime…
Let me go on loving you
In the only way I know how
With all that I am
With every breath that I take
With every smile and every tear
With every kindness I bestow
I still will walk in faith…

I pay tribute to you, love
You were ~ I AM ~


Can you hear me now?

 
by  
Kdgrippo


Can you hear me now?
Am I coming in clear?
Do you know my voice?
Can you feel me near?

Can you see my face?
Do you know my touch?
Can you feel my heartbeat?
Was my love enough?

Do you know my thoughts?
Can you read my mind?
Can you see the future?
Do you understand time?

I miss you still
More than I can say
Do you know I love you?
I wish you’d stayed

We’ll never know
What might have been
But If I had the chance
I’d do it over again
(Wish I could have said
“Goodbye, old friend.”)

Do you understand feelings?
Is sentiment allowed?
Can you see me baby?
Can you hear me now?

 


This is it, don't get scared
by keoni

Sometimes i run to a dream
she's imaginary it seems
always there and never not
loving me no matter what

I realize she is dream
that I should take better care
of what is real
next to you is where i feel

for now we wake and wait
to see if we got what it takes
to really bow down and love
given each other from above


My dream pillow
by DianeCook63

When I sleep perchance to dream
I float away on clouds of cream
To faraway and exotic lands
Being held in your hands
Through the mosques and citadel
Into the villages where the natives dwell
Mountains and beckoning trees
Lakes, rivers and enormous seas
Over all this I fly with you
Together in my dreams we two

0 comments: