Monday, January 18, 2010

poetic pleasure in January !


The Love Within
by daisyv

How can I forget
The first day when we meet..
After so many years…
You hold my hands
To warm for it was cold
Cold as ice, feeling a bit nervous
As I glaze into your eyes…..

Your eyes were still the same
I can see the love within
As you looked into mine
Telling you still love and care
Willing to share the love
That you have kept deep inside

Deep inside for so many years
The love within your heart
For you don’t know how to express
The love within your heart
Because of the fear
Fear of rejection and being hurt….

Being hurt by the love within
But you didn’t tell me
That you have loved me ever since
But even then...the love within

Will kept us together again…..

Give It Away
by rrb312

Why do we sometimes go out of our way to avoid the things

That are most important?

We should go out of our way for others

And whatever they need

Then it will come back to us with what we need

We fear and want and worry

About the things we cannot change

We wait until things are right

Before we can be happy

Then another thing comes along

Why do we want, yet won’t give

The time, the words, the chance

For someone else to get close and touch our heart

If you need it or want it

Give it away.


It's Always Been You
by Jodeci23

I still remember the summer when we first met
The times we spent together
I have never been able to forget
Something inside of me told me it was so right
Because even on the cloudiest days, when I was with you, the sun shone so bright

Then, without warning, you just went away
I could never forget how I felt that day
It felt like my world was
crashing down around me
Being without you made it hard to breathe

I moved on and started other relationships
But for some reason it was
always you that I missed
No matter how hard I tried,
you just couldn't be replaced
My love for you would not be erased

After a while, I saw that no one
has ever been able to duplicate
Your laugh, your touch, your smile, your face
The way I felt when I was with you
was simply unmatched
To you is where my heart
has always been attached

Now we've been reunited
and it is once again you and me
The sun is back shining and it seems like it was so meant to be
I can't believe I wasted all that time trying to start something new
Because after all these years, I've realized that it's always been you

0 comments: